Muffin and Quick Bread Recipes
Here is where you'll find all my muffin and quick bread recipes on the site.
You may be wondering why I group them together. The reason is that muffins and quick breads are pretty much the same thing.
Both are made using The Muffin Method. So the only fundamental difference between the two is this:
Seriously, that's it.
Add pancakes to the list too, because they are made using the same method. So technically, pancakes and waffles are quick breads baked free form on a griddle (like my pancakes for one) or baked in an iron (waffles).
How To Do the Muffin Method
For an indepth look at the method, please read my post.
In short though:
- whisk dry ingredients together in one bowl
- (add any mix-ins to the dry)
- whisk wet ingredients together and pour into dry
- fold together gently until just combined
- Pan up and bake
What Makes a Muffin a Muffin (and a Quick Bread a Quick Bread?)
There may be some minor differences in the amount of sugar, but generally, muffins and quick breads are:
- fairly lean (they don't contain a lot of fat)
- whatever fat is in them is liquid (melted butter or oil)
- not super sweet, and much less sweet than cakes or cupcakes
- leavened with baking soda and/or baking powder
- have a nice, open crumb perfect for catching melted butter
If you don't see what you're looking for, feel free to shoot me an email and I will see what I can come up with for you!