Today, I’m sharing with you this recipe for quick hot fudge sauce. I still stand by the recipe for my best hot fudge sauce in the world, because it is truly The Best, but sometimes you want an ice cream sauce that tastes like it took a long time to make but didn’t!
Easy hot fudge sauce that’s ready in about 5 minutes, you guys. There are plenty of recipes out there for 5 minute fudge sauce, but this one tastes like it took way longer to make.
This recipe uses a couple of “secret ingredients” to amp up the flavor and complexity of the sauce without having to cook it a long time, and I think you will love it.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your price is unaffected. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Quick Hot Fudge Sauce: The Secret Ingredients
Half of the ingredients for this easy ice cream sauce are ones you’d expect to see in a fudge sauce:
- sweetened condensed milk (which is really just milk and sugar)
- salt (counteracts bitterness and brings out flavors)
- vanilla extract
The “secret ingredients” are:
- corn syrup (just a touch adds gloss to the sauce and contributes body)
- malted milk powder (this has gluten, so if you’re gluten-free, leave it out)
- coffee (either brewed or made with instant coffee or espresso powder and hot water
- chocolate extract (amps up the chocolate flavor)
You can leave these “secrets” out of the recipe and still end up with a solid, delicious quick hot fudge sauce, but if you’re in the mood for complexity, read on to get the recipe!
More Ice Cream Sauce Recipes
If you are the kind of person who loves all the ice cream sauces and wants to put 2 or even three over their ice cream, stick with me. I have a seriously dreamy blood orange caramel sauce on the site as well as a coffee butterscotch that will knock your socks off. I’ve even published a lovely mixed berry Chambord ice cream sauce recipe. Or maybe you’re in the mood for peanut butter hot fudge sauce.
And for a huge variety of sauces, including more hot fudge, peanut butter sauce, fruit sauce, caramel sauce, and so much more, I have rounded up a ton in my Best Ice Cream Sauce Recipes.
I really hope you love this easy hot fudge sauce recipe, you guys! If you make it, please share a photo with me, either in the PCO Facebook Group or on instagram by tagging @onlinepastrychef and using hashtag #pcorecipe. Thanks, and enjoy!
Okay, let’s go. This recipe is just dump and stir–everything except the extracts go in a pot to get heated until the chocolate chips melt. Couldn’t be easier!
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup, (light or dark)
- heavy pinch salt
- *2-4 oz brewed coffee or water + instant coffee, 1/4-1/2 cup (2 teaspoons per 1/4 cup)
- *1.5 oz malted milk powder, (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, corn syrup, salt, coffee, and malted milk powder.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate chips are completely melted. Don't let it boil.
- Off the heat, stir in the extracts. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 weeks.
*These ingredients are optional but add to the complexity of the sauce. If you wish, you can substitute water for the coffee and just leave out the malted milk powder and chocolate extract.
Using 1/4 cup of coffee or water will give you a thick fudge sauce that you might have to spoon onto your ice cream. If you'd like to pour it, use 1/2 cup. It'll still be nice and thick, but it will pour more easily. It's going to be great either way, so it's your call.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 415 Total Fat 14.2g Saturated Fat 9.6g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 23mg Sodium 239mg Carbohydrates 64.1g Fiber 1.4g Sugar 59.2g Protein 8g
And there you have it friends. The best quick hot fudge sauce in all the land.
Thanks for spending some time with me today. Take care, and have a lovely day.