Bourbon Honeycomb Candy Recipe
If you want the honey flavor to really shine, just use granulated sugar and leave out the molasses. Either way, this candy’s deep flavor is a great contrast to its light, crunchy texture. Enjoy!
- 10.5 oz (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar + 1 Tablespoon molasses OR 10.5 oz brown sugar (1 1/2 cups, well-packed)
- Bourbon-Infused Honey, , light corn syrup and water combined in a 1 cup measure: 1/2 honey, 1/4 each corn syrup and water
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sifted fresh baking soda, (if it has been sitting in your pantry for a few months, buy new)
- Line a half-sheet pan with Silpat or spray it lightly with pan spray. Set aside on a heat-proof surface convenient to the stove.
- Place all the ingredients except the salt in a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat up to medium-high, and cover with the lid for a minute or two to wash down any sugar crystals from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the lid and cook, gently swirling the pan occasionally, until the mixture reaches 300F-305F.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the baking soda until the whole mixture is uniformly foamy and light.
- Pour/scrape onto the prepared pan, but don't spread it out. Just let it sit there until completely cool.
- Break up (or crush to use in the Bourbon Honeycomb Chocolate Chunk Cookies). Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
This recipe makes much more candy than you will need to make cookies, so share with friends or just store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
As with most candies, humidity affects your final product. Make this and most candies on a clear day with low humidity. Save rainy days for baking bread!
I encourage you to get a good instant read or candy thermometer. I will have links for you at the very end of the post.
And there you have it, friends. I know you will love this Bourbon honeycomb candy recipe, and I can almost guarantee that the Bourbon honeycomb chocolate chip cookies will be one of your new favorite cookies!
Thank you so much for spending some time with me today. Take care, and have a lovely day.
And in case you haven’t already,
CLICK HERE to download my
free Stages of Sugar Chart