Tortellini Caprese Salad
Light and easy and perfect for snacking or side-ing, this tortellini caprese salad is ready almost before you know it.
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus
- 1/2 cup water, (more or less, depending on your taste)
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- several grindings fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, cooked to al dente, drained, tossed with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and cooled
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1/2-2/3 of a ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10-12 large basil leaves, chiffonade (cut into ribbons)
- In a medium bowl, combine the hummus, water and optional olive oil. Whisk well to make a relatively thin dressing.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Fold in the cooled pasta, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. If the dressing gets too thick, fold in more water and/or olive oil, just a bit at a time, until the texture is to your liking.
- Best served within one day of making.
And there you have it. Simple, easy and delicious. A great combination!
I wish you a wonderful National Hummus Day and enjoyable meals and unofficial meals throughout the year!
Take care and have a lovely day.
Want me to shoot new recipes and an occasional email into your inbox?
You can do that by signing up here for my newsletter, The Inbox Pastry Chef.
I’ll be seeing you!