Tortellini Caprese Salad
Light and easy and perfect for snacking or side-ing, this tortellini caprese salad is ready almost before you know it.
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus
- 1/2 cup water, (more or less, depending on your taste)
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- several grindings fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, , cooked to al dente, drained, tossed with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and cooled
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, , halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1/2-2/3 of a ball of fresh mozzarella, , cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10-12 large basil leaves, , chiffonade (cut into ribbons)
- In a medium bowl, combine the hummus, water and optional olive oil. Whisk well to make a relatively thin dressing.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Fold in the cooled pasta, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. If the dressing gets too thick, fold in more water and/or olive oil, just a bit at a time, until the texture is to your liking.
- Best served within one day of making.
And there you have it. Simple, easy and delicious. A great combination!
I wish you a wonderful National Hummus Day and enjoyable meals and unofficial meals throughout the year!
Take care and have a lovely day.