Homemade ice cream lovers, don’t forget I have a gift for you!
Click HERE for a FREE Restaurant
Ice Cream Recipe and Eleven Variations
- 12 oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, (I used Ghirardelli 60%)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk, (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 8 oz creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz chocolate peanut butter porter, (I used Sweet Baby Jesus)
- 5 oz granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the chocolate chips and vanilla in a large bowl convenient to the stove.
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, heat the evaporated milk, peanut butter, beer and salt over medium heat. Whisk well to help the peanut butter melt evenly into the mixture.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil.
- Pour milk/peanut butter mixture over the chocolate chips and vanilla. Let sit a minute so the chocolate chips begin to melt.
- Whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature over ice cream
Progressive Eats: Cooking with Alcohol or Beer
- Carbonnade Beef and Beer Stew from Mother Would Know
- One Hour Ham and White Bean Soup from Miss in the Kitchen
- Rum Jerk Chicken from Stetted
- Peruvian Pisco Roast Chicken from The Heritage Cook
- Red Wine and Pork Pasta Sauce from Food Hunter’s Guide
- Sous Vide Chinese Drunken Wine Chicken from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Frosting from Creative Culinary
- Irish Cream Pots de Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter Ice Cream Sauce from Pastry Chef Online
Thank you for spending some time with me and the Progressive Eats crew. Enjoy the chocolate peanut butter porter ice cream sauce, and have a lovely day.