Hi, friends! We're vacationing on the Outer Banks this week, but I'm still thinking of you! I even made you this Spicy Smoked Pimento Cheese spread. Now I'm going to tell you how I made it!
The Beloved and I are staying in Duck, NC this week, and we are thoroughly enjoying every moment. Yesterday, we spent a few hours at the Wright Brothers Memorial, which is only about 15 minutes from the house we're renting.
Spicy Smoked Pimento Cheese
When we got back to the house, I turned my mind to a little smackerel. Of course, pimento cheese is an easy default, but I thought making a version with a bit of a kick would be Just The Ticket. And spicy smoked pimento cheese was born.
So far, we've enjoyed it alone on crackers and then as a topping for a fried egg on one of my whole wheat English Muffins. Both ways? Excellent! Do give this spicy, smoky twist on pimento cheese a try. I think you'll enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 pound sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
- ½ cup diced red pimento (jarred is fine)
- ½ cup spicy pepper relish (such as Get Me a Switch)
- ¼ cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or liquid from the jalapeno pepper jar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and stir well until completely combined.
- You can eat it immediately, but it is better if you let it sit in the fridge for at least a few hours to let the flavors blend.
Really easy and straightforward. I think you'll like it!
Shop This Recipe
Here are a few recommendations for equipment that can make your spicy smoked pimento cheese making life easier. Thank you for shopping through my affiliate links to support PCO!
And here's a long pin for you if you'd like to save this recipe for later.
I'm keeping this short and sweet today, because I must get back to vacation, but I wanted to make sure I shared this recipe with you.
Enjoy the spicy smoked pimento cheese and the rest of your week, and I'll see you soon.
Have a lovely day.