The Great Thanksgiving Side Dishes Round Up

Check out my round up of 105 Thanksgiving Desserts Recipes, too!
Thanksgiving Side DishesHello, friends. I am currently staying with my parents, helping my mom with my dad who shattered his kneecap in a fall last week. Since I am not currently baking or experimenting, I reached out to my wonderful blogging friends and asked for help with a Thanksgiving Side Dishes Round Up. My friends really came through!

There are Thanksgiving side dishes here for everyone–starch lovers, leafy veggie lovers, sweet-tart cranberry lovers. So great! I hope that you will take the time to browse through these recipes, and it would make me so happy to know that one or three of them will be gracing your table this year.

I hope to be back to my more-or-less normal posting schedule next week, but I’ll have to see how things go with my folks. Until things are more settled, I am so grateful for my friends in the blogging community who have stepped up to fill this groaning board with delicious side dish options for your Thanksgiving table.

The Great Thanksgiving Side Dishes Round-Up

Thanksgiving is one of those meals that is often dictated by tradition. The main dish, in many families at least, is Writ in Stone. Many of the sides might be as well. But for those who like to try out different spins on old favorites, or for those who enjoy trying something completely different, I think this round up of sides will pique your interest and spark your creativity. Just putting this together certainly made me hungry!

Brussels Sprouts Recipes

Stuffing/Dressing Recipes

Mac & Cheese, Onion and Mushroom Recipes

Cranberry Recipes

Other Fruit Sides

Bread Recipes

Bonus: Thanksgiving Beverages

Once again, my sincere thanks to all my friends who shared recipes. It is much appreciated as I try to get my mom and dad situated! And don’t forget the desserts–105 of them, to be exact!

Thank you so much for spending some time here with me today, and I hope you have a lovely day.

Comments

Yowzers! Forget the turkey, how about just a buffet of side dishes? I could stand and eat a bit of each one! Fabulous roundup!!! And now off to share! Thanks for including both Life’s a Feast and Plated Stories recipes! xoxo

Such a terrific round up! I’m hoping my family will let me tweak the menu just a wee bit. They always want the same old stuff…not very helpful when you’re a food blogger! Good thoughts for your dad! xo

Thanks so much, Liz! I don’t know how you nurse folks do it–it’s a tough job!

And I hope your family lets you play with at least a couple of the sides if not the Main Event! xoxo

You know I’m all about the sides, ’bout the sides–no treble. . . well it would be a lie to say no turkey because I love me some turkey sandwiches with leftovers. But I could happily skip the bird ON Thanksgiving and just fill my plate with sides.

Thanks for including me&mine, Jenni, and I hope your dad has a smooth recovery!

Thank you so much, Kirsten! He’s doing great, attitude-wise, and that is a huge help right there. Physically, he can’t do much for himself and not being able to bend that left knee makes it really hard–almost impossible for mom. Glad I can be here to lend a hand (and a stronger back), and hope that I can get some professional help in here soon.

And I’m with you–I am all about the sides. Give me stuffing, mashed potatoes, sexy cranberries galore. The bird can wait for leftovers indeed!

4. MaggieToo says

Take good care of your folks, Jenni, and come back safely to us. You’ll have enough Brownie Points to deserve a little pampering yourself when you get home.

(I hope The Beloved reads these comments.)

I’m with Jamie – I never eat the turkey, just the sides and desserts – ha! honored to have a couple of my recipes included here.

sending positive healing thoughts to your Dad!

Kristina, I can’t thank you enough for your contribution to this round-up! I really am getting by with a little help from my friends this week, and it is so much appreciated! And I *live* for the sides. Give me stuffing on mashed potatoes on cranberry and I’m a very heppy girl! xoxo

Egads, what a stellar collection of sides! As I write, a pre-dipping of Halloween sugar courses through my veins, but these choices are bringing me to my savory senses. I’ll be perusing these and I won’t be surprised to see some on my holiday table. Bless you for looking after your folks―I know they must appreciate it.

Thanks, Brooks! I have to admit, even I got hungry putting this together. Our bloggy friends are always creative and make wonderful food! Glad I’m close enough and have a flexible enough schedule to be able to go and help them out. I’ll head back down for a day or two in a couple of weeks, and in the interim, we’re talking every day so I can make sure they’re looked after. :)

7. Doris Carpenter says

So much fun going through all the recipes this evening.I snagged some for my holiday recipe box. Hats off to all the gals and their fine recipes!!! :)

Jenni,
    Thanks for allowing me to share your round up in my Best Thanksgiving Round Ups post! I appreciate your contribution to the cornucopia of recipes. With your help, we’ve got hundreds of recipes for all sorts of Thanksgiving needs, from setting the table, to making ahead, to vegetarian dishes, to more desserts than my brain can comprehend.
    Happy Thanksgiving!