I have dreamt and dreamt and Dreamt of the day when the People of the Universe would Applaud my Efforts and spread word throughout the Cosmos of my Amazingness. Friends, that day is finally here. And it has come in the rather Unlikely Guise of the Zombie Chicken Award. Speaking for the Universe as a whole, Svedie Pie has presented me with this rare and wonderful award.
So, what does this mean, exactly? I mean, for me? And for you, my Dear Readers? Here are some possibilities:
- I am a Zombie Chicken.
- You are Zombie Chickens.
- We all have the power to turn chickens into zombies.
- The more I type zombie, the less it sounds like a Real Word.
- If you read this blog, you will slowly be turned into a Zombie Chicken. You might even be one now and not realize it.
- I had no idea I am so Powerful. Sorry about that.
Enough speculation. According to Spokesperson for the Universe Svedie Pie, here’s what the award means:
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken– excellence, grace, and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words.
Thanks, Svedie Pie and the Universe, for thinking my content is remarkable and that I am Excellent and Graceful and Persistent. I choose to be the eye of the Zombie Chicken Hurricane. Here you will find shelter. Here you will find hope. Here you will find PMAT.
The Rules of ZC state that I need to pass this on to at least 5 other bloggers or I shall be Pecked to Death. Rudeness. Rudeness has no place in the Eye of the Hurricane, however. Plus, I’m not a fan of Rules. So, I am going to write down Things I have Learned from other bloggers; things for which I would indeed weather a Zombie Apocalypse:
- A little fish sauce brings deep flavor without fishiness to so many things. Thanks to Marc at No Recipes and to Todd and Diane over at White on Rice Couple for this amazing tip.
- Potatoes bear fruit. They look kind of like little tomatoes. Don’t eat them–they are poisonous. Thanks to Aoife over at The Daily Spud for this tip.
- We can honor both globalization and eating locally by using local ingredients to reinterpret “exotic” fare. Thanks to Tracey over at Tangled Noodle, for her insight, her research and her passion.
- There is no limit on interpretation when it comes to the Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Just ask Shane over at Imagine a Different World of Grilled Cheese.
- Leftover pain au chocolat makes an excellent base for French Toast. Camille from Croque Camille, who is Evil in the Best Way, gave me this little piece of information.
- There are more flavors of ice cream to be made than there are stars in the sky. Go see Anna from Very Small Anna if you don’t believe me. Browse through her ice cream and sorbet posts for inspiration.
If you have been Pecked or Scratched by a Zombie Chicken on your way over here, I sincerely apologize.