Sable is French for “sand.” And a crumbly, sandy crust (or cookie) is what this dough will get you. It’s perfect for tarts. Add in lemon zest, vanilla, lavender flowers, etc to flavor it in any way you wish.
What You Need
- 9 oz. unsalted butter
- 7 oz. sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 17.5 oz. (1 pound, 1.5 oz) all purpose flour
What To Do
- Cream butter, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, until well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix on low just until the dough has come together.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours, then roll and use as you will.
- Bake at 350 degrees, F, until lightly golden brown and delicious.